Guest Post by Archana Gurusamy :-
Summers are finally over, thank God! The rains are a blessing and its brings back the parched Earth to life. Sometimes, I wish we have rains all the year round… Sigh, a world full of rains, freshness, no water scarcity, its a dream world, isn’t it?
Coming back from my day dreams, today I will post Top 5 DIY Remedies to remove Sun Tan. Though summers are over, am sure many of you are suffering from tan. Some of us resort to chemical bleaches or expensive facials to remove tan. No need to spend hefty amounts or slather your face with dozens of chemicals! Home remedies with natural ingredients are the best way to remove sun tan. Read on to know my favorite ones-
1. Gram Flour and Turmeric Face Mask: This is a face mask suitable for all skin types. Its one of my favorites and often used ones as its super easy to mask. Take two teaspoons of gram flour (besan flour), a pinch of turmeric, a teaspoon of lemon juice and add milk to the mixture. If you have sensitive skin, you can skip lemon juice and use rose water instead. Apply a thick layer as a face mask and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off to reveal your natural glowing and radiant skin.
2. Cucumber and Tomato Face Mask: This is a fantastic combo as cucumber soothes and cools your sunburnt skin while tomato helps to remove tan. Simply blend half a cucumber and half a tomato and add a teaspoon of yoghurt to it. Your veggie mask is ready. Apply on your face and leave on for half an hour. Wash off to reveal lightened and fairer skin. This face pack is suitable for oily-combination and normal skin types.
3. Papaya and Honey Face Pack: Papaya is known for its exfoliating properties. Honey is a natural bleaching agent. Next time you eat papaya, save a couple of cubes and mash it with a fork. Add a teaspoon of honey to it. Use as a face pack and while washing off scrub gently to remove dead cells. This is the best pack for dry skin to remove sun tan.
4. Orange Peel and Almonds Face Pack: Orange peel is very effective in reducing tan. I was using this for a long time and it really shows results. You can either use fresh orange peels and make a pulp out of it. Or dry the orange peels and powder it. Which I find more convenient. While powdering, add few almonds and dried rose petals to it. This is the perfect face pack for all skin types including sensitive skin. You can add yoghurt if you have oily-combination skin or milk for normal skin or milk cream for dry skin to make a paste of the powder. You can see immediate effect of tan removal in first use itself.
5. Oatmeal and Buttermilk Face Pack: Take 2 teaspoons of ground oatmeal and mix with 3 teaspoons of buttermilk. Apply as a face pack and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off to reveal to clear, oil-free skin. Oatmeal helps to exfoliate and remove blackheads and dead cells. Buttermilk will soothe the sunburnt skin and also helps to lighten tan. This face pack is suitable for oily, acne-prone skin.
So these are my favorite home remedies for removing tan. What remedies do you follow to remove tan? Do share your favorite sun tan removal remedies in the comments below.
Author Bio- Archana is a budding beauty blogger and also working as a software engineer in Bangalore. She blogs at IBeautySpy.
Do checkout her blog for more such posts:-)