I still remember how I got introduced to Himalaya products a decade back; my brother who is a skincare freak introduced me to their Purifying Neem Face Wash in my teenage. That was the only Himalaya product which received limelight for its pimple-preventing action and it still is a staple product for many men and women. Over the years Himalaya evolved as a brand and added multiple products to their product range which is praised by people not only in India but worldwide too. I was excited to know that Himalaya recently launched Pure Skin Neem Facial Kit in the market which comes with a face massager, I gave it a try. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing my overall experience with this all new facial kit. Keep reading to know how it fared 🙂 –Price- INR 649 (The total value of products is INR 951)1. Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash-About– Himalaya’s Purifying Neem Face Wash is a soap-free, herbal formulation that cleans impurities and helps clear pimples. A natural blend of Neem and Turmeric bring together their antibacterial and antifungal properties to prevent the recurrence of acne over time.
My Take– Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash comes housed in an inverted tube with green colored flip cap. The texture inside is gel-like and light green in color. It comes packed with the goodness of Neem and turmeric which are well known for their antibacterial and antifungal properties, and one can easily notice the neem-like fragrance. This face wash is made for all skin types, and I enjoy using it on my dry skin. I don’t suffer from acne issue and my skin is clear most of the times so I cannot really comment that it solves pimple issues but yes, it does keep my skin away from impurities and prevents it from zits.
2. Himalaya Refreshing Cleansing Milk-About- Himalaya’s Refreshing Cleansing Milk contains a special blend of herbs that gently remove dirt, makeup and daily impurities while maintaining your skin’s natural moisture balance. Lemon, a natural cleanser and astringent, clarifies and refreshes, while Grape Seed rejuvenates, and Mint cools your skin to keep it clear, healthy and radiant.
My Take- Cleansing milk has always been a best friend to me. It gently removes impurities from skin including the last traces of makeup, effectively. Himalaya Refreshing Cleansing Milk is a mildly fragrant light-weight solution that needs to be applied after face wash to wipe away the left-over impurities and give you a squeaky-clean skin. It comes packed with the goodness of lemon and mint to clean and cool down the skin. I massage it a little and then wipe it off, it makes skin feel incredibly soft.
3. Himalaya Purifying Neem Scrub-About- Himalaya’s Purifying Neem Scrub removes impurities and dead skin cells. It also cleanses excess oil from the skin’s surface, which is the root cause of acne. The scrub is blended with the goodness of Neem, which clears blackheads and acne, and Apricot, which hydrates the skin. The natural ingredients cleanse, nourish and moisturize your skin to make it soft, fresh and radiant.
My Take- We all know the importance of exfoliating, don’t we? Ideally, we should exfoliate our skin 2 times a week to have healthy skin. Himalaya Purifying Neem Scrub is just the right addition to this facial kit. It is light green colored cream-based scrub which contains orange(apricot) and green(neem) colored granules to scrub all the dirt and impurities. The granules are not as harsh as other scrubs available in market. This scrub is my favorite currently. I use it around my nose to get rid of all the black heads.
4. Himalaya Refreshing & Clarifying Toner-About– Himalaya’s Refreshing & Clarifying Toner is a blend of natural ingredients that control excess oil secretion. The herbal goodness of ingredients like Lentil, which deep cleanses pores; Citrus Lemon, a natural astringent; a cleanser which tightens pores and refreshes skin, and Boerhavia Root extract which controls excess oil secretion, leave your skin clear, soft and radiant.
My Take- After washing, cleansing, & scrubbing, , it’s now time to close the pores. To close those open pores, toner are all that we need. Toners help to keep them tight and reduce the impurity penetration. Himalaya Refreshing & Clarifying Toner is an alcohol-free toner that aims to deeply cleanse and control oil secretion. It’s a transparent solution that needs to be applied after exfoliating your skin. Your skin will feel fresh after toning.
5. Himalaya Purifying Neem Pack-About- Himalaya’s Purifying Neem Pack brings together the goodness of Neem, Fuller’s Earth and Turmeric, which work together to regulate excess oil secretion, clean clogged pores and prevent the recurrence of pimples.
My Take- It comes housed in Himalaya’s standard tube packaging similar to the face washes and peel-offs. The flip-cap is quite sturdy and locks with the sound of a click ensuring no spillage. The tube is soft to squeeze with no extra efforts. I experience a slight tingling sensation on application which fades as soon as it starts drying. The Fuller’s earth ingredient helps to dry it quicker. My face feels stretched out when it’s drying up and it takes some time to wash it off. The presence of tiny granules in this face pack makes it act like mild scrub, so every time I am washing it I splash some water and start scrubbing in circular motions to exfoliate my skin. It doesn’t brighten up my complexion or anything of that sort but it gives me good feeling. My skin feels better every time I use it. For a detailed review, click here
6. Himalaya Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion-About- Himalaya’s Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion helps you recover lost natural moisture and nutrients due to the skin’s frequent exposure to environmental extremes, pollution and chemicals. It combines natural ingredients that restore your skin’s vitality throughout the day. It is enriched with Aloe Vera, a natural moisturizer, rich in polysaccharides and enzymes, and White Lily that lighten your skin. The oils of Almond and Carrot Seed combine to protect your skin from the damage caused by exposure to pollution and sunlight. The Lotion is a perfect base for make-up.
My Take- Now that the skin is free from all the impurities and feels soft and fresh, it’s time to seal the moisture with a moisturizer. Since my skin is dry, I understand the real value of moisturizers as without them my skin feels stretchy and hurts. Himalaya Nourishing Face Moisturizing Lotion comes packed with the goodness of Aloevera and Almond oil to nourish, moisturize and protect the skin. It’s light in texture and gets into skin quickly and leaves it nourished for quite a good time.The kit also includes a very cute looking, green colored electronic facial massager which comes with two brushes. It has an exfoliating brush and Deep cleansing brush for all your massaging needs during the skin pampering session. This kit is simply “Awesome”. What makes me happy about this kit is the way how it makes my skin feel, it’s a simple 6 step procedure for clean and fresher looking skin. The cherry on the cake is that the products are very affordable and none of them gave me allergic reaction ! 🙂